Monday, May 6, 2013

Eve Online: Getting Bored

A few weeks ago our corp moved from wormhole space back to high sec. Lately we've been running level 4 missions and frankly I'm getting bored doing that over and over again. We have long term plans (next month or two) to move to Null sec, but I don't know what to do until that happens (if that happens). On June 4th the next expansion Odyssey comes out and with that expansion hundreds of new systems will be added to the universe. This will most definitely create LOTS of chaos and power vacuums across Eve. Supposedly we're waiting for this to happen, and once of the Alliances that holds a decent amount of territory will rent us a system when the dust settles.

Lately I've been thinking I don't want to just sit back and wait for the dust to settle. I want to make the dust and be part of the chaos. I'm not a very strong PvP player, but I'm not entirely useless either. I've got my Talos doing 500dps if I want, my stealth bomber can deliver a huge punch, plus I can run some decent logistics right now. If nothing else, I get blown up and have some fun doing so.

My thoughts are to do one of the following:

1) Wait for the dust to settle and hopefully find a new home in Null Sec when everything settles down. (LAME)

2) Leave my Corp and join one of the Alliances/Corps that I know will be getting their hands dirty.

3) Stay in my corp, and convince as our Alliance to get involved with taking a system that we want, and negotiate a smaller rent price for the system with the huge Alliance because we helped with it's taking.

#3 Sounds like the most fun to me. I'm on the board of directors for my corp and I'd hate to throw that away, but if things don't change soon, I'll be too bored to give a crap about anything else in Eve and probably just stop playing.  I may be in the market for a new corp here soon though. The guys I play with are the only ones I've known so far in Eve. I don't know if they are better or worse than other people in the game.

Another option I've come across today is to join up with some stealth bomber groups that like to do bombing fleets nightly (you don't have to join their corp), and see how that goes.

Either way, I'm done doing level 4 missions for a while and need to change things up.

4 comments:

  1. Try the bomber bar if that appeals to you. I know several people who like it and enjoy the no strings attached method if it.

    Leaving corp happens sometimes for various reasons. Don't let your status in corp hold back your game.

    Yes missions get boring over and over for many. ISK generation isn't a bad focus if y'all plan to rent. Its expensive it seems.

    I'm going to raise an eyebrow over the Talos.

    Thousands of new systems with Odyssey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback, I definitely value your input. I've been catching up on all your blogs over the last year or so.

      From what I've read they are adding hundreds of systems not thousands.

      I recently read about Bomber Bar, I think I'm going to drop into their channel tonight and introduce myself.

      As for the Talos, I just checked an it's actually 601 DPS. I know my skills are still very noob, but this is my heavy DPS fit that allows me to take a little beating.

      High: 8 Modal Mega Neutron Particle Accelerator I (Anti-Matter Charges, Faction if I'm feeling frisky)

      Med: 3 Large F-S9 Regolith Shield Induction
      1 Limited 1MN Afterburner 1

      Low: 3 Magnetic Vortex Stabilizer I
      1 Damage Control II
      1 Fourier Transform Tracking Program

      Rigs: Medium Anti-Em Screen Reinforcer I
      Medium Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer I
      Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I

      Delete
    2. I may need to read back further by why a Talos instead of something that is made to have a bit of a tank like a Brutix? I'm assuming this is for PvE and not PvP? Medium T2 guns are not a terrible trip and will give you more bang for your buck sooner in the areas of those things.

      I'm not used to Tier 3/attack battlecruisers being paired with 'take a beating'. :)

      What have you read? I've been under the impression that actual expansion of physical space was in the far future.

      Delete
  2. There are basically two ways to enter sov nullsec as inhabitants: renter or pvper.

    Renter is really quite harsh - you're second class citizens, you're likely to be harassed by cloaky pvpers and if you're restricted to a single constellation or worse a single constellation you're utterly boned.

    Coming in as pvper is in my opinion a much better option. You don't have to fight all the time, fighting is fun and is paid for by your alliance in the form of ship reimbursement and you have much higher status. Plus no rent to pay. Basically you pay your rent by fleet participation.

    Also no new constellations are coming just now.

    ReplyDelete