Thursday, April 11, 2013

Eve Online: Online Resources Part 1

As I’m sure you've figured out by now there are lots of sites out there all about Eve. I thought I'd take a moment to compile a list of some of the sites I've been using lately as they have been great sources of information. There are hundreds of sites out there but here are the most visited by myself. I'm labeling this blog Part 1, as I expect that I'll be adding another blog or editing this one in the future to include more sites that I've come to commonly visit.

At this point, I'm not even sure how many people are reading my ramblings, but I don't mind. I still enjoy writing them.


www.eveonline.com



You should already know about this site, but for the sake of forgetting the obvious I figured I'd add it. This is where you can download the game to play :)



http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Main_Page



This is a corporation inside Eve Online that has taken the time to put together A LOT of information regarding the game. You can visit the site and just read the materials, or they do have a corporation you can join if you're interested.



http://stabbedup.blogspot.com/



There are many blogs out there with varying opinions of the Eve universe, but I've taken the time to read all of this blog and have found lots of interesting and useful bits of information regarding conduct and expectations in Eve. A lot of good stories and summaries of events that he and his group participate in.



eveplanets.com/



If you're going to be doing Planetary Interaction, this site is a must. You can search for any system in the Eve universe and find out what kind of planets are in that system and what resources can be made from the system.



www.battleclinic.com/


Take the time to set up an account with the Battle Clinic. If you want to find good information about players, kill reports, corporations, this is a good place to see some valuable intel.


www.youtube.com



Ok, this might seem too obvious, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyways. There are thousands of "how to" videos as well as "check out this awesome battle" footage. Don't forget to check You Tube if you need to try and figure out how to do something (had to do this to learn how to use scanner probes properly)





There are many more out there, and I'm not going to go through and list them all (I do have to do real life stuff at some point) but the point is that you should take the time visit lots of Eve sites, take in people's personal experience and use it. It's like listening to your grandfather tell stories from his life. He has lots of useful information and lots of crazy stories and trying to figure out which is which can be difficult and fun

No comments:

Post a Comment